Tuesday, September 9, 2008

I'll Take a Little More of This, Please.

At long last, Kanazawa summer is finally showing signs of bowing out. The biggest sign in the past few days has been the change in humidity. It's still quite hot here during the day, but the skies are clear blue and the breeze is moving through the air a bit easier. Night time is where it's at though. Cool and breezy; windows open with a good blanket...perfection. I dare say it was even a tad chilly this morning. It was great.

With the lowered humidity, we're starting to get great views of the mountains. When I woke up this morning around 6 the sun was just getting up above the mountains and a little ways off, for the first time, we had a nice view of Hakusan, the biggest mountain within spitting distance of Kanazawa. Unfortunately you can't really see it in the picture below, as I discovered this morning that the power lines along the road behind our house obscure it just about perfectly.

But I don't see myself getting tired of the view from our bedroom balcony any time soon.



I'm just pumped to be living where we're living now. It's a very beautiful part of town. I went for a run around through the nearby rice paddies on Sunday evening, and the realization that I actually lived here, wasn't just visiting, put a goofy grin on my face as I panted along. We have a long weekend coming up and I'm really hoping to get out and explore a bit, and take some pics to give everyone a better idea of what it's like around here.

On the medical front, Chieko is much more comfortable in terms of pain regarding her busted foot; not so much when it comes to hobbling around on crutches. She thumps around the house sounding like some one-legged creature from a ghost story, and has taken to getting ready for work downstairs to save several trips (ha ha) up and down the stairs.

She was supposed to get a cast put on yesterday but the doctor said her foot will likely continue to swell for a few more days, and told her to come back on Saturday. She's in a soft, boot type of thing now that is nice since she can take it off for showers and require minimal work to bandage back up. But the upside of a cast will be that she can walk a bit easier, though thumping away still I'm sure. So we'll see what happens. Hopefully she'll make a quick recovery because it's no fun for her at the moment.

Not much else going on here. Work is settling into a groove, I'm starting up Japanese classes again tomorrow, and I'm having a hell of time getting our new wireless router to work after the old one apparently fried itself while we were in America. Exciting?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Are you still taking classes with Yumiko? Please say hello to her for me if you do. Tell her that I "try" to keep up my Japanese by watching Japanese dramas online. ;)

Casey said...

i am still studying with yumiko, and i'll pass your message along...and i'll mail you our address and phone number later today