Saturday, January 26, 2008

Tomorrow May Rain...

Nothing too eventful to talk about this evening, but I wanted to post a few pics of a very nice sunset this evening. I had a Japanese class at noon today, then Chieko and I grabbed some lunch and drove down to the beach to eat it. This wasn't the beach I normally go to, so we were kicking around exploring the coastline for a bit after eating. We parked a few times and walked around some coastal parks that are closed down for the winter. It was deserted, and strolling around in the falling snow was quite nice. Before we new it, there was a break in the weather during which the sun slunk through and called it a day.




It's been snowing here more or less all week, but there is virtually no accumulation. I think that's a factor of Kanazawa's special brand of weather. It'll snow like the dickens for half and hour, but then the sun comes out for 10 minutes and melts whatever has managed to stick. Just as well, I suppose, since there is seldom any shoveling to be done, and there's a nice fresh coat of snow prettying things up at fairly regular intervals.

Actually spent a few hours in the office tonight getting things taken care of, making sure I won't have to set foot there again before classes start on Tuesday morning. I always finding myself at work on Sunday nights getting ready for Monday's lessons, and the office is no place to spend the end of the weekend. So it's good to have that out of the way (4 day weekends help). Hope everyone's having a good weekend.

2 comments:

Kent Matsueda said...

Another long weekend? I'm loosing track!
:-)
Nice photos as always. Nice reminder of Kanazawa, even looks like it could have been shot in Burlington.

Casey said...

i know, our schedule is all out of wack right now...all the long weekends are nice but they condition me to think actually working a five day week is long...did you see that fire in vegas?