The highlight of the week was Chieko getting sick and missing a day of work after zombi-walking her way through classes for a few days, and me, so far at least, managing to not catch whatever it was that she had (knock on wood and all that).
On a totally unrelated note, I woke up to about 5 inches of snow and was enjoying a beautiful walk to school early this morning until some Kanazawa putz flew by and sprayed slush all over me. People in this town are something else, and not generally in a good a way.
And that's about all of the "excitement" from this neck fo the woods. Looking forward to watching the Superbowl in some fashion on Monday after work. It's on in the morning Japanese time, so I'll dial it into to the Slingbox to record, and do my best not to peak at any sports/news sites during the day.
In closing, I'll leave you with this. On Monday, we took a drive to a temple up in the hills above town. After walking around the grounds a bit, we were on our way out when a slew of gaggling pilgrims scampered by with their own private monk in tow. Chieko remarked that they weren't from around here (judging by their accents), so we weren't surprised to see their tour bus waiting in the parking lot. Though I was taken slightly aback by the less than righteous name on the side of their bus. Hope your weekend is longer than mine, wherever you are.
4 comments:
Great pics. I think my camera is on it's last legs. It was maimed last summer and held on for 6 months.
Ahhh, the flying swallows.
I miss the snow. I might not get out skiing/snowboarding at all this season!
:-(
Hope Chieko is feeling better.
We've got the Superbowl party here tomorrow. Hope you're able to catch it.
nice kent, i really wish i could watch the game live and on an actual television...will have to settle for something less though...how far is the nearest place to ski from vegas?
Post a Comment