Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Baby Dreams Vol. 1-4

I've been having a lot of dreams involving our upcoming baby, and figured I'd describe them here for posterity, and perhaps some interesting insight into my psychological state, before I forget the details. In the dreams, the baby is always theoretically newborn, but it appears in different stages of toddler/infant-hood. Sometimes it's a girl, sometimes it's a boy.

Volume 1
I had this dream a month or so ago.  Chieko and I were at the doctor and he was giving Cheiko an ultra-sound.  I was intently staring at the screen while the doctor described what I was looking at, and Chieko was off to the side, out of my line of sight.  When I turned to look at her, she was holding the baby.  It wasn't grotesque or anything but it wasn't a full-on baby.  At that point the doctor told her it was time to put the baby back in.  I woke up or at least changed dreams at that point.

Volume 2
I've had a flurry of baby related dreams in the last week.  In this one the baby only appeared for a moment, and I only saw its face.  It was crawling or pulling itself up from behind something (a pillow, someone's lap, I'm not sure), and I saw it's face.  For some reason I knew it was a boy.

Volume 3
This was another weird one that I had a few days ago.  The baby was newborn and it was a girl, but she already had a full set of teeth and was rattling on about something, I can't remember what.  She was also moving around quite quickly, I think walking.  I remember being a little disappointed that she wasn't a little cuter.

Volume 4
I had this dream last night, and again the baby was newborn, but I can't remember if it was a boy or girl.  I remember being feeling excited and proud to show it to my family members.  The baby appeared in a sling type of baby carrying device that Chieko was carrying it in, and I never actually saw it's face.  The bulk of this dream was spent running around trying to get to someone's house to show them our new baby; I think it was one of my grandmothers.

That brings us up to date, but I'm sure this will be a recurring theme for a while around here.  I'll be interested to see, in the end, which dream proves to be the weirdest.

Also, I'm toying with the idea of moving this blog over to WordPress.  I started up a blog using that service a while ago, when I was particularly disgruntled with Blogger, but ended up panning it and just revamping my old blog into The Soybean.  Out of boredom or curiosity I went back to check out the old blog and play around with the WordPress format a bit, and I'm pretty impressed by it.  It's a lot slicker than blogger even though the dashboard/editing interface is a bit overwhelming at the moment.  If I can figure out how to change a few things I might just ship out of here.  I'll of course provide a new link if I do that.  

And one more thing, you probably noticed I cut down the number of posts per page here.  At least on my computer, it was loading a little slow because of all the pics, so I was trying to speed things up.  

Night.

No comments: