Wednesday, January 7, 2009

I Got Nothing

Well, this blog has taken on a decidedly lame tone recently, and I don't know what to say about that. It's never terribly interesting to begin with, but at least I put up nice pictures most of the time.

I don't have any remotely interesting plans for the foreseeable future, so I'll have to refocus my photographic energies to try and get something worthwhile that will breath some life back into this here blog.

But before I do that, here's one last picture that epitomizes the absolute mundanity of my life of late (which by the way, is not at all bad thing for me, but doesn't make for great blog reading). And so I give you, the most interesting thing I did over the New Year: I went down to the river and took a picture.



This river runs out to the ocean, it's about 7 miles or so I think. There's a nice road that runs along the levee, which I mentioned a few weeks ago. I've decided that come spring, I'm going to run from my house to the beach along that road. So look for that excitement at some point a few months down the road.

And lastly, I've begun planning (or at least thinking about) what I'm going to do during our month long vacation in March. It's a toss up between somewhere cheap, like Southeast Asia (Vietnam, Laos, Camobodia, Thailand, oh my!), and Australia, where I can hook up with a friend and probably have a place to stay, and get the whole international experience with all the comforts of western culture.

I like the idea of being able to knock off several countries in Asia, which is also a bit closer than Australia. At the same time, I wouldn't mind a low stress vacation without a lot of moving around. So, some thinking to do/decisions to make. However, in an interesting development, it looks like I will probably be making this trip solo.

And one more thing. My one an only New Year's resolution is to start writing at least some rendition of what I say here in Japanese, so the inlaws can read it. But not tonight. Be on the lookout for a bunch of funny looking characters at some point though.

Hope everyone is friggin' fantastic! Good night.

3 comments:

barbara said...

why solo??? and you can always come here. it is so pretty and warm on the cape in march.
xoxoxo

Roxie said...

yea, why solo?
feeling better?
i'll be jealous if you do the southeast asia tour. i'm dyeing (dieing? i teach english?) to visit vietnam and laos... but a month might not be long enough to see all those countries mentioned...

i'm actually in the process of writing you an email... will get back to it now!

Casey said...

chieko's doesn't really feel like going anywhere, or she's thinking about going somewhere with her mom...still up in the air though...

yeah i'm torn between wanting to get more stamps in my passport and having a more relaxed, slow paced trip (in a place where i can actually speak english)...i think option 2 is going to win though...

where's that email sheryl? must be a long one ;-)