Tuesday, December 23, 2008

As The Crow Flies

Apologies for the drought in riveting action around here over the past few weeks. Things have been exceedingly normal around here of late though, and hence not a whole lot to discuss. We're working through the week and then have 10 days off for the New Year. We'll be making heading to Niigata as usual, and hopefully it'll be as snowy and cozy there as it was last year.

I'm looking forward to our first cyber-Christmas here on Thursday. Now that we've got this fancy new video equipped MacBook, I can video chat with my family back home. So we'll fire up the cameras on Thursday and open presents together. Not quite authentic Christmas morning, but better than I've been able to do since coming to Japan.

We had the day off today because it's the emperor's birthday. I'd rather have Christmas off but I'm not necessarily complaining. On my way to the gym I did a little extracurricular driving around and came upon a bunch of crows being their menacing crow selves, swooping around fighting with each other, making a racket, and being generally foreboding.

I hope to be back again soon with some good pictures if not anything of substance to tell you about ;-) In the meantime enjoy the birds. Happy holidays!






2 comments:

markmcc said...

Casey, I don't see many crows up here, but I do see many pigeons. Plus all the jets coming and going.

Casey said...

sweet...jets...the crows here are quite large...merry xmas mark