Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Top of the Morning

We've been having some rather spectacular sunrises here recently. Kanazawa is slipping into its winter weather mode which primarily features frequent changes between extremely beautiful and extremely stormy, often within a matter of minutes. So couple all the dramatic clouds and patches of clear sky with a sunrise over the mountains, and you're bound to get something nice to wake up to. Here are a few selections from two different mornings last week.





I've been meaning to put these up for a few days now but keep getting sidetracked by one thing or another. We had a busy weekend with work on Saturday (gasp!), followed by two of Chieko's friends from Tokyo coming into town for a night.

In between all the action I've been getting to know and love the new MacBook, which I took delivery of last Friday evening. It is such a sweet machine, and so freakin cool looking to boot. I'm still having a dickens of a time trying to get the wireless router working, and am coming to the end of my rope with it. I spent about an hour on the phone with my computer guru Kent this evening and we made some progress but seem to have run into another wall. I'm too tired to deal with it any more tonight.

We're cruising to the finish line at work, and will have a little bit of a break before the long, dark winter terms starts. It always seems to be a doozy but maybe things will be different this time around. Mentally I'm in a better place than I was last time this year (burnt from all the wedding bliss), so that should help. We're tentatively planning a little road trip but nothing is set in stone. I may have mentioned that already recently. It's late -- I should go to bed. Should be an interesting election day.

No comments: