Yesterday I made it down to the beach for the first time in quite a while. I don't think I've been there since we moved into this house actually. I noticed on my trusty weather website that there was a high surf warning, and for good reason. The waves were some of the bigger ones I've seen, but it was a beautiful day so I didn't have to contend with the storm winds that usually kick up the big waves.

I wasn't the only one there to admire the spectacle.

I also finally got around to taking some pics of the neighborhood to give you all a better idea of where we're at. I've put up a smattering of pics of the yard and the inside of the house, but here's a more comprehensive look around.
The front.

This is looking down our road. We're there on the right side. At the end of the road is an elementary school, and beyond that a little ways the mountains begin.

The other end of the road is nothing but fields. Most of what you see there is rice, which they've cut in the past couple of weeks.

Not only is the walk to the grocery store only about five minutes, but it's right through rice paddies. It's nice in the summer, I know that. In winter, maybe not.

One of the things I really love about this place is that the back yard borders one of these community gardens. This really is a perk when you see how close houses are built to one another here. We might not have much room between neighbors on either side of use, but the back is nice and open. Hopefully they won't be building any houses here.

This afternoon Chieko and I took a drive into the mountains towards Hakusan. The sense fall is strong there. It's noticably cooler and you can tell the trees are just about ready to start turning. We got a bit of a late start so we couldn't explore as much as we wanted to, but it was a nice time nonetheless. It won't be long until we start seeing some white peaks on these mountains.

And a little closer to home, I've passed this sign several times in the past few weeks and have been meaning to get a picture of it: The Veggie Rangers -- Protecting Japan's Produce.

Well once again hours have snuck up on me, so I'm going to start moving towards the bed. Hope you enjoy/ed Sunday wherever you are.
2 comments:
That veggie rangers is just priceless... that's wicked funny
yes, i feel much better knowing that they're keeping an eye out...
Post a Comment