The moving company is coming on Thursday, and while I intend to bring a fair bit of stuff to the new house myself, we can't actually start moving in until Wednesday. A lot of the things that need to be packed are things that we will be using a lot right up until we leave: pots and pans, dishes, food, etc. So it's looking like I'll have to find something else to keep me busy for a few more days.

When my friend Carlisle was visiting he kept mentioning Japan's affinity for cuteness. I suppose I've become a bit desensitized by now, but there is indeed an element of cute overload here. Everyone's got trinkets hanging off of their cell phones, and even my college students (boys and girls) have cutesy pencil cases or little things hanging off of their bags. It's Hello Kitty times a thousand.
So remembering Carlisle's comments, I couldn't help chuckle a bit to myself when I saw the boxes the moving company gave us, complete with the sad-eyed panda begging for a hug.
On a completely unrelated note, I ate a huge dinner tonight and then took a walk to ease the bloat. I love walking around Japanese neighborhoods at night; the smells of other people's dinner, the conversations drifting out of windows, the calmness of night time here. I imagine it's a good way to get a feeling for any country, really.
Sorry, not a very interesting post but there's not a whole lot going on here.
2 comments:
amen to walks around japanese neighborhoods at night. so peaceful and sensory.
how are the hood walks in texas, izzy?
Post a Comment