I hadn't realized initially just how scorchingly hot it was here today. We went out around noon and it wasn't all that bad, but when I headed to the gym on foot around three, it was really beating down.
I always turn into a sweaty mess at the gym, but for some reason today was particularly bad, and walking back home in the heat with the sun starting to get serious about losing altitude, I made the decision.
I don't know if it was the heat or my mental commitment to jumping into the ocean, but the water was really nice tonight, and not the least bit cold. I floated around for a bit, did a few meager strokes, then set about taking some pictures.
I generally hesitate posting pictures of sunset because unless something spectacular is going on, most sunsets are about the same (to me). And tonight's sunset was not spectacular really, but here are some pictures anyway.




I'm going to get serious about packing things tomorrow. We're to the point where even though we are using a lot of stuff, we can do without for the remaining few days. In just four days, we'll be the hell out of here. I have a feeling that nostalgia and regret will not be among the emotions I feel as we high tail it out of this dumpy neighborhood.
My weekend is over (ha ha), but enjoy the remainder of yours.
No comments:
Post a Comment