Sunday, December 16, 2007

Hope You Like Waves

What I should have done today was gotten up at a reasonable hour, gone into to school and done some work, then to the gym to atone for all the beer I drank last night.

What I did do was sleep until 10:30, mope around the house till noon, go eat some deliciously greasy ramen, and take a drive out to the beach. Oh and there was a nap thrown in around 5 o'clock. Perhaps a less productive day than I was hoping for, but a thoroughly more enjoyable one. And I did eventually get into the office to take care of all my planning for tomorrow.

I'd noticed that there was a high wave warning last night and today, so I had some expectations about the beach. I would have liked to have gotten there a bit earlier, but as I just mentioned, I was busy with other endeavors. The waves did not disappoint though. They were easily head-high and rolling in almost without pause.

Many of the times I've seen impressive surf at the local beach, it's been during storms, and thus accompanied by outrageous wind, which in turn shreds the waves to pieces. But there was no wind today, so the waves were breaking nice and clean, and loud. Thunderous! I could sit and watch these things come in all day. Some pics:







I'm debating what to do about the Jets/Patriots game, which will be on here around 3 in the morning. I usually use the Slingbox to record the games and then watch them the next day, but the Sling is on the fritz, so I don't think that's going to happen. I'm left with the option of reading about the game when I wake up in the morning, or listening to it live online. I think I may set my alarm and try to give it a shot, though I'll be hard pressed to stay awake. It should be a very interesting, entertaining game, perhaps worth being exhausted at work tomorrow for.

With that prospect in mind, it's time for me to hit the ironing board and then the pillow. It's been a trying day.

2 comments:

barbara said...

hi casey
we recorded the game on the tv downstairs, so if we can figure out what's wrong on this end, you can watch it, hopefully, soon
xo

Casey said...

thanks for doing that...no huge rush