The view from up on the levee was pretty interesting though. All the farmers have been flooding their rice paddies over the past week, and coupled with two days of heavy rain, a lot of them were about ready to start overflowing.
This one particular settlement looked like it was about to be swallowed up. Luckily the water is maybe a foot deep and it's not moving at all, so I think they'll make it. But it looks pretty cool I think; much more dramatic than it really is.
It's still pissing down rain, sideways at times, but I'm sure when we wake up on Monday morning to back to work, the sun will be shining brilliantly. That's the way rainy weekends usually seem to go. Enjoy Sunday.
2 comments:
It's sunny and 85 at 2:45 here on ol cape cod. :)
jealous...i just woke up and it's still coming down here, and about 40-something...sounds like you guys are overdue for some warmth and sun though...
Post a Comment