We continue on here in the winter that isn't, and I'm still wondering why it practically disgusts me that the winter is so lame. Winter has been pretty lame in the 3 years that I've been here, actually. I guess I was expecting more since we moved out towards the mountains a bit. Whatever though. Suck it Kanazawa and your so called winter. I'll be laying on the beach in Australia in a few short weeks, and maybe by the time I get back you'll have yourself sorted out.
This weekend was very relaxing (when I wasn't all heated about the weather, of course). In my effort to chill out in the morning before work during the week, I've been voluntarily getting up around the ungodly time of 5:30 a.m. It generally works out OK even though I find myself fading on the couch at 9 p.m., but I've been catching up on sleep on the weekends. So yesterday after a good sleep in, Chieko and I jumped in the car with our coffee and took off for a little drive.
It was beautiful and clear, and Hakusan was in its full, snow capped glory. There aren't too many clear days like this during the 'winter,' so it was a welcome chance to get a good view of the mountain. We took a ride down to the beach (surprise!!), and then out to the airport in the hopes of some plane spotting. I really need to get my hands on the flight schedule for our local airport in Komatsu. The potential for catching some cool planes is great since they fly a lot of large aircraft (747's, 777's, etc.), and there's also a wing of the Japanese Air Force stationed there. But there is little action, you end up sitting around doing nothing for a good deal of time outside of the morning/evening rush. One of these days I'll figure it out.
Anyway here are a few pics of the big pretty mountain. I think I need to close my eyes.
No comments:
Post a Comment