But I sense that our balmy, sun drenched November days are numbered. Hakusan is officially snow capped off in the distance. We have a really lovely view of the mountain from our second floor, but every picture I take is dominated by the damn power lines across the street. In reality, they don't mar the view as much they seem to in pictures. I managed to inadvertently focus on the power lines in the picture below, so the mountain is a little out of focus.
I took advantage of today's stellar weather to get one last car wash in before I'm relegated to the mediocre automated car washes that we have at most gas stations here. They do the job OK, but there's nothing like the human touch. I also took a run for the first time in a few weeks. I picked a bad time to go though since the elementary school had just finished for the day, and the streets seemed full of kids everywhere I ran. I don't mind the kids, but of course I was a big white spectacle running down the road, and most of the kids let me know it either audibly or with prolonged stares. This is something that is an accepted part of life here in Japan and it rarely bothers me, but today I wasn't much in the mood, so I generally avoided even looking at the hordes of children as I passed, and just kept trucking along pretending not to hear or understand their 'gaijin' remarks.
Chieko's parents are coming to visit on Monday and staying for a night. It will be there first trip to our new house, so we have some serious cleaning to do before they arrive. I'm also hoping to get some good gardening tips from them for next spring. After they leave town we may finally get around to taking this little road trip we've been talking about.
There's a nice full moon and clear, starry skies tonight. Here's the former battling one of our street lamps for brightness.
No comments:
Post a Comment