I took a trip up to Burlington, Vermont, for a few days last week. It was nice to see my friends who still live up there, as well as the town itself. I managed to squeeze in what was by far the soggiest round of golf I've ever played. Vermont has been getting hammered with rain this summer, yet amid the flash flood warnings and evacuations, the Essex Country Club managed to stay open. It was a mess, both in terms of the course and my own golf game. The cups were full of water, the cart was hydro-planing, and balls routinely embedded themselves under the saturated fairway upon on impact, never to be found. As usual, I smoked my first drive perfectly, then proceeded to suck.

My brother lives next door to my parents, which means his dog Nitzy has been spending lots of time drooling on me and prodding me for attention while he is off at work.

And while it took me about a week, I did finally make it to the beach last weekend. The weather was perfect, the water was frigid as the Budweiser. It was good.

The Northeast in general is getting it's fair share of thundery, blustery, rainy goodness, which is all good in my book. Hoping that things manage to stay relatively clear once the Iguchi's arrive, especially during our party next weekend. I'll be pretty busy until we get back to Japan, so this might be it from America-based blog posts. But I've said that before, so we'll see.
2 comments:
Dude hope the trip went smooth good to meet the IGuchi's and see you guys.
Water temperature in Charleston Harbor (South Carolina) is about 85 degrees. But I do, for some sick reason, miss the 64 degree summertime water at Hampton Beach, NH.
Post a Comment