Friday, May 9, 2008

Little Jerk

I hate this little beast with every fiber of my soul:



He lives across the street, and from the moment he's tethered to the front door at 6 a.m., until they move him inside in the evening, he barks. He barks at anything, he barks at nothing...he barks, incessantly, to the point where I fantasize about doing terrible things to him that would most certainly make him stop barking, or at least paying someone to do them for me. The reality is that he's not the problem, his dumb ass owners are, but he's still out there barking, from dawn 'til dusk, making me crazy.

On the plus side, I'm currently about 200 miles from the little bastard, as Chieko and I have recently arrived at her parent's house Niigata. We're here for the weekend to help out with the farm, since her father has been stuck in the hospital warding off pneumonia for nearly two weeks. Happily, he's being released tomorrow, so I'm ensured at least one awkward Japanese conversation once the women of the house abandon us alone in the living room.

I've got an early morning tomorrow with breakfast at 7, followed by a tutorial in how to drive a tractor and till a rice paddy. I'll go to bed soon to the mad chorus of frogs wailing the night away in the surrounding fields. So much better than barking dogs.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's been a while as I've been freakishly busy, but I have just taken a five minute break to attempt to catch up on the Soy Bean...Maybe you should slip that little f@#$er a sedative to mellow him out- nobody will ever know....

barbara said...

he is bored. get him a chew toy.

markmcc said...

Barbara has the right idea. Why don't you spend some time with him and talk to the owners about (you) taking him out for walks. He's obviously striving for attention.

Casey said...

alistair glad to see you are still checking in now and then...busy is good

mom, i don't want to do anything for this dog other than get it out of my life...mark, what the hell are you talking about?!?