Wednesday's at work are a little different because we don't have office hours, which means in theory we can skip out whenever our classes are done. That is rarely the case for me as there's always something to do, and I often schedule my Japanese class on Wednesday afternoons, so it usually ends up being a pretty normal day. To boot, the last few weeks our schedule has been so jumbled that I actually haven't taught a Wednesday schedule for what seems like quite a while.
But today was normal, and as soon as my classes ended at 2 o'clock, I jumped in the car and took a ride down to the beach. There was really nothing doing down at the sea shore, but I hadn't been in a couple of weeks so it was nice to just kick around for a bit.
I was struggling for something to take a picture of when I stumbled upon this mass of rope slowly being devoured by the sand. Not the most exciting picture, I know. But hey, for a picture of rope you have to admit it's not all that bad.

After the beach I headed back into the office for a little while to tie up some loose ends that I had forgone in leau of the beach, and to retrieve my wife. From there, it was off to dinner. And now we've come full circle with my staggeringly exciting day. It's absolutely dumping snow outside at the moment. With any luck, it won't stop all night, transportation will be paralyzed, and we won't have to work tomorrow.
Well, enough of the semi-productiveness that comes with blogging, and this whole 'sitting up' thing. Time for me to extend myself upon this sofa and mostly likely drift in and out of consciousness.
2 comments:
Didja see what was attached to the end of that buried rope? What ever happened to James P. Hoffa anyhow?
Geesh, no office hours anymore? Pretty soon Lewis will let your guys record your classes and you can just stay home!
:-)
i didn't do much digging around so i don't know what was on the other end of the rope, but it was probably a big stinky jelly fish...we still have office hours, but haven't had them on wednesdays for as long as i've been working there...recording classes sounds good though...special guest spots now and then...
Post a Comment